Changes to highway licence application process
From 1 September we have a new highway licence application system called StarGo, which improves the process for applying, approving and issuing highways licences and permits.
The following applications must be made electronically via StarGo and payment made when you apply:
- Cranes and mobile working platforms
- Materials on the highway
- Tables and chairs on the highway
When you sign up to StarGo's customer portal you will create an account with a unique username and password that will be used for all future licence purchases or renewals. The portal can be accessed with a smart device such as a phone, tablet or a computer.
The new portal allows you to:
- create an online account to apply, renew and pay for highways permits and licenses
- upload documentation to support permit applications
- purchase different types of permits, licenses or services
- purchase multiple permits at the same time
- view existing permits and their expiry dates
- view the status of ongoing permit applications
- purchase permits for the specific time period required.
Please note we no longer accept paper applications or those submitted via email.