Kent Enablement and Recovery Service for mental health

Kent Enablement and Recovery Service (KERS) works with people experiencing mental health difficulties to address social care needs over a short period of time (up to 12 weeks). We provide support to maximise your wellbeing and quality of life, in a way that suits you. We also work with local community services to help you find a creative and realistic response to your needs.

If you are experiencing mental health difficulties we can support you in the following ways:

  • accessing community resources, groups, activities, clubs and organisations
  • regaining confidence to use public transport and getting out and about
  • managing uncomfortable social situations
  • enabling you to independently manage your finances
  • helping you gain confidence with training, education or work related actives
  • supporting to access housing and benefit advice.

How to get help

Referrals to KERS must come via the adult mental health social work service.

You can do this by contacting either your:

  • mental health social worker
  • community mental health care coordinator
  • local GP.

Your local GP or your care coordinator will be able to submit a referral on your behalf.

For more information about KERS please email or call 03000 42 26 55.

Alternatively, you can search for: