Furniture projects can repair and re-use unwanted items:
- Necessary Furniture (covers Canterbury and surrounding area) - 01227 712680
- Emmaus Archcliffe Fort shop (covers Dover and Folkestone areas) - 01304 204550
- YMCA (covers Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks areas) - 01732 361108 / 01892 615612
- British Heart Foundation (covers most of Kent) - 0844 412 5000
- Pilgrims Hospice (covers all east Kent and as far as Tenterden) - 01227 640001
Good quality furniture is accepted at Maidstone (Tovil) HWRC for reuse, in partnership with local charity Making a Difference to Maidstone (MADM).
Visit the Furniture Reuse Network website.
Alternatively, your local council may also collect or you can take furniture to any household waste recycling centre (HWRC). Find out whether you need to apply for vehicle vouchers if you are using a larger vehicle to take the furniture to one of our HWRCs.