Petroleum storage

You must have a petroleum storage certificate to store and supply petrol to vehicles with internal combustion engines.

You may need a licence to store more than 275 litres of petrol domestically.

Apply for a petroleum storage certificate

If you are unsure if you need a licence or if you would like a paper form sent in the post you can register for business advice.

Fees are set by the Health and Safety Executive.

You will be sent a renewal reminder 2 - 3 weeks before your current licence expires.

The Health and Safety Executive provide safety guidance for:

For information on how we handle your data, please see the petroleum storage privacy notice.