Herne Bay Household Waste Recycling Centre
Access only via Westbrook Lane.
- Monday to Saturday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Sunday and bank holidays: 9am to 4pm
On the day bookings are available. Before visiting you must book a slot. Entry without booking is not permitted.
From 1 April 2023, non-Kent residents will be required to pay £10 per visit to use KCC HWRCs. Read more about our cross border policy.
2 metres (6 foot 6 inches) - read about vehicles allowed
You cannot carry waste into the site on foot.
Wear suitable clothes and footwear and keep children in your car
- Cans and metal
- Car batteries
- Clothes, shoes and fabric
- Cookers, ovens and microwaves
- Cooking oil – domestic cooking oil only
- Electrical and electronic items
- Engine oil (used)
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Mobile phones
- Paper and card
- Printer cartridges
- Rubble and hardcore
- Washing machines
- Wood and timber
- Bitumen based products
- Business and commercial waste
- Clinical waste
- Fuel products
- Household chemicals