Support for deaf, blind or deafblind adults
We have extensive knowledge and experience of working with people who are deaf, blind or deafblind and can communicate using a variety of methods including British Sign Language (BSL).
Once you have a medical diagnosis we can:
- carry out a social care assessment to identify your unique needs and any ongoing support you may require
- work with you to develop a care and support plan, which will help you to achieve the changes you want to make in your life
- provide you with specialist information and guidance and assess your need for specialist equipment to help you in your daily life
- arrange an assessment for people who care for others
- advise you on what community support services are available, including social and peer support groups
- offer you drop-in sessions in British Sign Language at Gateway Offices. Full details can be found on the Sensory Services Facebook page.
To get support, complete our online referral form or call our specialist team on 03000 418100. Alternatively, please text via SMS on 07920 154 315, stating how you would like us to contact you (e.g. BSL via facetime etc).
For further information about coronavirus please visit the Signhealth website for BSL videos.
Or use the links below to find out what support is available from other organisations.
Visit the Hi Kent website to find out how they can support you if you are deaf or hard of hearing.
Kent Association for the Blind
Visit the KAB website to find out how they support people with sight impairments to live more independent lives.
Visit the SEAP website for advocacy support if you are deaf, deafblind or sight impaired.