Care needs assessments
If you think you have any care and support needs you are entitled to a free care needs assessment. The assessment will give us information about your situation and what changes you would like to make in your life.
The care needs assessment looks at how your needs impact on your wellbeing and the outcomes you would like to achieve in your daily life. We will assess your care and support needs with you, and decide if they are at the level where you need support.
Your needs could be eligible if you are not able to do a combination of certain things that significantly affect your wellbeing. These may include:
- washing yourself
- getting dressed
- going to work, college or volunteering
- keeping your home safe for you to live in.
The care needs assessment process
- Before you request an assessment you may want to go to the Connect to Support website to get information about care and support you can access yourself or for your friends, family and relatives.
- Read about the care needs assessment, how you can prepare for it, and what happens after so you know what to expect and if you are likely to be eligible for support from us.
- Fill in a referral form, or ask a professional (for example your GP) to refer you.
- We will contact you to arrange an assessment.
Request a care needs assessment
The person you are contacting us about must be:
- over 18 years old
- living in Kent, or moving to Kent.
The quickest and easiest way to get help is online. We'll review all referrals within 2 working days and get in touch with the person needing support within 6 weeks.
To complete a professional referral using our online form you must:
- be referring in your professional capacity
- ensure the person is aware of your referral to us
- ensure the person is over 18 and lives in Kent.
By making a referral online, you will be providing us with the relevant information and this will allow us to support in the right way, as quickly as possible.
We review all referrals within 2 working days. If sufficient information is included, your referral will be fast-tracked.
If you work for us and need to make a referral, you must contact the receiving team directly.