Sensory impairment support for children and young people

To help your child learn and grow, it is important your family receives the right support.

Most children with a sensory impairment attend mainstream schools or special schools. With a small number of with hearing and vision impairments attending specialist resourced provisions, known as SRPs.

If you have any concerns about your child's progress, talk to their teacher or the SENCO, where they will put a plan in place for extra learning support.

Once support is in place, your child's education setting may contact the Specialist Teaching and Learning Service (STLS) for additional guidance depending on your child's needs.