How to get social care help from us

Who to contact

If you or the person you want help for are under 18 years old, please call 03000 41 11 11 (text relay 18001 03000 41 11 11) or email with a completed copy of the child referral form (DOC, 265KB) .

If you or the person you want help for are over 18 years old, please call 03000 41 61 61 (text relay 18001 03000 41 61 61) or email

If you care for someone who needs care and support you can ask for a carer's assessment.

You could also visit one of our gateways to speak with us face-to-face.  

Finding out what you need

We will do a needs assessment, which means we will talk to you about your situation and find out what changes you would like to make in your life. We can do this either in person or by telephone. You can read our guide to preparing for a needs assessment (PDF, 67.2 KB).

From 1 April 2015, the government set national eligibility criteria for adult care under the Care Act. This means people will get the same access to support wherever they live. In Kent, this means all those who would have previously been eligible for care will continue to be eligible.

After the assessment, we'll agree what kind of care and support you need, and how much it's likely to cost. If you need services you have to pay for, we'll also do a financial assessment

If we can't help you because your assessment shows you're not eligible for our help, we will always tell you about other organisations that could help you.

Read our guide to social care for adults (PDF, 471.8 KB)