Senior citizen's bus pass

Get free off-peak bus travel with a senior citizen's bus pass. Apply online

  • What to send

    You need to:

    • prove you live in Kent (see below)
    • prove your age (see below)
    • provide a passport style photograph from the last year with your name and postcode on the back.

    If applying online: you'll upload scanned copies of the documents.

    If posting the documents: send photocopies, not originals.

    Proof you live in Kent

    Choose 1 of the following:

    • driving licence
    • utility bill from within the last year
    • bank or credit card statement from within the last year
    • Council Tax bill from within the last year.

    Proof of age

    Choose 1 of the following:

    • birth certificate (and marriage certificate if your name has changed)
    • passport
    • driving licence
    • a letter from the pension service confirming you're eligible for the state pension.
  • Using your pass

    Only you can use your pass.


    Monday to Friday: 9.30am - 11pm.
    Weekends and bank holidays: All day.

    Find bus routes and maps or plan your journey with traveline.


    • Local bus services in England – outside Kent, check the relevant council's website for when you can use it.
    • Maidstone Park and Ride.
    • Gravesend to Tilbury ferry
    • Canterbury Park and Ride (you'll still have to pay for parking).

    You can't use your pass outside of England or on scheduled coach services.

    Problems using your pass

    If you have problems using your bus pass or getting the ticket machine to accept it, please contact us.

    Read the terms and conditions.

  • Lost, stolen or damaged

    Replace online (lost or damaged passes only)

    Order a replacement bus pass online

    Replace by phone or in a library (lost, damaged or stolen passes)

    Call 03000 41 83 83 or visit one of the libraries in the apply section.

    Cost and paying

    Lost or damaged: £10 for lost or damaged cards.
    Stolen: free if you've got a valid crime reference. Otherwise £10.

    Pay by credit or debit card, cheque or cash.

    • Make payable to Kent County Council.
    • Mark your name, date of birth, contact details and postcode on the back.
    • Send to ENCTS, Kent County Council Contact Point, Invicta House, County Hall, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1XX.

    We'll process your order once payment has cleared. We can't give refunds once we've processed your payment.

    If you don't need your pass anymore

    Please return the pass to us or hand in the pass at any library or gateway.