Report a problem on the road or pavement
Weather conditions 17 to 18 March 2018: we are expecting a period of heavy snow to fall in Kent and have declared a snow emergency. All of our resources will be focused on keeping the highways salted, clear and safe.
Primary routes: We will treat all primary routes throughout each day but we do not clear footpaths or side roads.
Salt bins: provided at key locations for you to use to clear the roads where it is safe to do so.
Please only call us in an emergency and report non urgent issues on our reporting tool. It may take us longer than usual to deal with non emergency issues.
Report a problem on the road or pavement including:
- street light faults
- traffic signal faults
- salt bins.
- Bus shelters, fly tipping, litter, parking or street cleaning: contact your district council
- Motorways and major A road problems: contact Highways England
- Junction improvements, new signs and lines, traffic calming or changes to speed limits: contact your community representative.
How long it takes to fix problems
We repair most problems within 28 days. Some problems take longer depending on how much work is needed.
We aim to fix:
- dangerous faults within 2 hours
- safety hazards within 7 days
- street lights within 28 days unless there is a more serious problem, which could take longer
- traffic signals within 4 hours if they are urgent or within 7 days if less urgent
- all other faults will be scheduled in to our planned maintenance.
You can track a problem you have already reported to find out when we will fix it.