Charges for care and support

Your needs assessment (also known as a community care assessment) will identify what care and support services you need. Some of the services you need may not be free - you may need to pay for them. Find out more about paying for:

You can find more information about costs in our charges and rates booklets for:

You may be able to get help towards the cost of your care. How much you have to pay will depend on your capital (such as savings or investments and sometimes your former home if you are in full-time residential care) and your weekly income (including pensions and benefits). We'll give you a financial assessment to let you know how much you'll be expected to pay.

You may be eligible for NHS continuing health care. This is a package of care which is arranged and funded solely by the NHS for individuals outside of hospital who have ongoing health care needs. To check the eligibility criteria and more information visit the NHS website.