Care and support in the home services
To help people in their own homes to live independently and manage their daily activities, the care and support in the home services can provide assistance to those who need it.
We arrange for care/ support workers to visit people in their own home. These services are provided through care or support contracts and are delivered by private companies on our behalf.
The contracts for the services were reviewed and re-let in 2019, on the basis that we ensured the services provided were of a good quality, were value for money and supported you to live as independently as possible in your own home.
These contracts started on 8 April 2019 and will run for 5 years.
Good care and support in the home services should:
- support people to take greater control of their lives by providing them with the skills to maintain a good quality of life
- help people to develop and retain skills to enable them to maintain independent, fulfilling lives for as long as possible
- put the person (and their primary carer or family) at the centre of decisions about how they are supported and cared for
- be provided in such a way that the person feels involved, secure and confident in the care and support delivered to them.
View a list of home care and supporting independence services (SiS) agencies by area (PDF, 100.1 KB)
Visit our online home care directory for more information and direct contact details.
Most people who receive a home care service will not be affected by these changes. Where home care agencies change, if your care and support arrangements are affected, we will write to you to explain and advise on the next steps.
If you have a question about the changes or if you would like the information in an alternative format or a different language you can:
- call: 03000 41 61 61 and select option 1 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm)
- text relay: 18001 03000 41 61 61
- email email@example.com