Being coronavirus safe in the library
We want all of our customers and colleagues to be as safe as possible. As a result, our service is a bit different.
The following are all measures we have put in place so you can feel confident using our services and measures we would like for you to follow.
Please tell our staff how we are doing and anything else we can do to develop what we do.
How you can help
Due to the various sizes of our buildings, we will manage the number of people allowed in the library at one time. If it is busy, we may ask you to wait outside until it is safe to come in.
Before you enter the library, we ask that you:
- sanitise your hands
- sanitise your gloves (if necessary)
- complete the Track and Trace form
- wear your mask (unless you are medically exempt).
During your visit, we ask that you:
- keep to social distancing measures outlined at the library
- sanitise your hands or wear gloves when browsing or borrowing books from our shelves
- keep your mask on at all times
- wipe down computers before and after use
- respect our staff.
How we are helping you
To make sure that you and our staff feel safe when visiting we have put the following measures in place:
- we have supplied hand sanitisers at our entrances and exits
- we ask that you complete the government's Track and Trace system
- all of our returned books are placed into quarantine for 72 hours before they are returned to our shelves
- we have looked at our library layouts to manage how many people are in the building, how people enter and exit, and ensure we keep 2m social distance between everyone
- we have reduced the number of our public computers to ensure social distancing. We ask customers to wipe these down before and after use.
- we are doing additional cleaning of our buildings, including regularly wiping down surfaces such as our the self-service units.