Being coronavirus safe in the library
Although social distancing rules have changed nationally, we want all our customers and colleagues to be as safe as possible. Please follow the standards set out in our Customer Charter below.
From 1 December 2021, the wearing of face coverings is required (unless exempt) when you visit our libraries, register offices, archive search room and mobile libraries.
Customer and staff safety is our priority. We keep our libraries as ventilated as possible and all our buildings and services have risk assessments in place.
Deliver the best library and archive service we can
We follow Government advice, and use our service judgement, on the services we can reasonably and safely deliver to meet customer needs. We listen to customer and staff feedback and develop our service offers.
In it together
Customers and staff will respect and value each other and observe the safety measures set out to ensure the safety of everyone.
We expect that customers will:
- not enter the building if they have any COVID19 symptoms
- leave the building immediately if they begin to feel unwell with COVID19 symptoms
- wear a face covering
- respect fellow customers and staff who may want to continue social distancing
- follow any other measures put in place
- use the hand sanitiser provided on entry and exit
- wipe down computer workstations before and after use with the wipes provided
- notify staff if someone is not behaving safely and not take matters into their own hands
- behave safely or they will be asked to leave
- be understanding and respectful of everyone in the library.
Please tell our staff how we are doing and anything else we can do to develop what we do.