Severe Weather Impacts Monitoring System (SWIMS)
The Severe Weather Impacts Monitoring System (SWIMS) allows us to collect data about how the services provided by Kent Partners (including Kent County Council, Kent Police, district and borough councils and the Environment Agency), businesses and non-public sector organisations are affected during severe weather events.
This data allows us to understand the impact of these weather events and to plan better for the future. Read our reports showing the data collected so far:
- Monitoring the impacts of severe weather 2020 (PDF, 202.4 KB)
- Monitoring the impacts of severe weather 2019 (PDF, 968.2 KB)
- Monitoring the impacts of severe weather 2018 (PDF, 317.3 KB)
- Monitoring the impacts of severe weather 2016 to 17 (PDF, 504.9 KB)
- Monitoring the impacts of severe weather 2015 (PDF, 630.8 KB)
- Monitoring the impacts of severe weather 2014 (PDF, 941.6 KB)
- Monitoring the impacts of severe weather 2013 (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Monitoring the impacts of severe weather 2012 (PDF, 1.0 MB).
- Monitoring the impacts of severe weather for winter 2013-14 - executive summary (PDF, 370.6 KB)
- Monitoring the impacts of severe weather for winter 2013-14 - full report (PDF, 1.2 MB)
By using this system, Kent partners can build up a picture of their vulnerability to severe weather and develop business cases for taking appropriate action.
Partners can use the system to:
- record details about how their service and service users have been affected
- record information on how they have responded to an event, both in the immediate aftermath of the event and any longer-term responses
- view and analyse real time data on how their organisation has been affected by severe weather
- create and report on customisable indicators relevant to their organisation
- share data with other organisations to identify common barriers and areas of vulnerability
- share best practice, expertise and lessons learnt to support business cases for resilience actions.
- SWIMS supplementary hub admin guide (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- SWIMS supplementary organisation admin guide (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- SWIMS supplementary team admin guide (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- SWIMS training webinar tutorial - how to record data
SWIMS is available nationally to local authorities. For more information email email@example.com.