Contact our special educational needs and disability teams

We would like your views on your experience of using our SEND information hub (local offer), and would be grateful if you could take a couple of minutes to complete the following survey.

Who to contact for support and services if your child has special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).

Before you contact us

You can get lots of support and advice from:

Before you request an education health and care (EHC) needs assessment, please speak to your education setting to see what support is available. The EHC needs assessment process can take up to 20 weeks.

SEND area district teams

If you are already known to our Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Service, you can contact your Assessment and Placement Officer using the details they have given you.

North Kent

Dartford, Gravesham and Sevenoaks

  • address Joynes House, New Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 0AT
East Kent

Canterbury, Thanet and Swale

  • address Brook House, Reeves Way, John Wilson Business Park, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 3SS
South Kent

Ashford, Dover and Folkestone and Hythe

  • address Kroner Park, Eurogate Business Park, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8XU
West Kent

Maidstone, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells

  • address Worrall House, 30 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent,  ME19 4AE

If you live in Medway, visit Medway Council's local offer for advice and support.

SEN Inclusion Advisers (SEN IA)

Our Provision Evaluation Officers are now called SEN Inclusion Advisers. They are all qualified teachers with SEN experience who work with schools and post 16 education settings, including colleges, to:

  • make sure your child or young person is receiving the highest standard of support and provision for their SEN
  • monitor and evaluate the provision of those children and young people with an education, health and care (EHC) plan, and make sure that any student the school/setting are receiving high needs funding for, is making progress towards their EHC plan outcomes
  • support with a successful move to the next phase of education.

If you have any concerns about the SEN support in place at school or post 16 education setting, please email who will pass on your information and contact details to the Area SEN Inclusion Coordinators.

We may let the school and post 16 education setting know that you have concerns with the SEN support in place.

Find out more our SEN IAs.

Other teams in SEND

We understand that everyone is different and each individual will have a different path to take. Along the way your family will meet various teams who can support you and your child.

Learn about our teams and when they may contact you.

If your SEN officer or SEN area team cannot answer your transport question, you can contact us as below.

General SEND transport enquiries (eligibility and applications)

The Home to School Transport team can support you with :


If your circumstances change, for example if your child changes school or address, please complete our change of details form.

From February 2022, there will be some changes to the school transport service for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Find out more about these changes.

Journey, operator or driver issues

Contact the Client Transport Team if you have any problems with your child's:

  • journey
  • vehicle
  • driver
  • company running the transport service


Parent support

Parent support groups are there to support you and to provide impartial and confidential advice.

Contact a parent support group:

Alternatively visit one of the following charities for your area:

Specialist teaching and learning services

Our specialist teachers are experienced teachers with a qualification in one or more areas of SEND. They work with the other professionals who are in contact with the child and their family to help that child or young person to achieve their learning goals.

Find out about specialist teaching and learning services and how to get in touch with them.

Short breaks

Short breaks can give you a break from caring for your disabled child or young person.

Complaints about a school or college's SEND support

If you are unhappy with how your child's school or college is meeting your child's needs, you should speak to your school first and then your named case worker if you have one.

If you are still unhappy, follow our schools complaints procedure.

Complaints about SEND services

If you are unhappy about any of the services that we provide, speak to the person you have been dealing with or your named case worker if you have one.

If you are still unhappy, follow our complaints procedure.

If your child does not get a needs assessment or EHC plan

If you don't agree with a decision we've made, find out who to speak to and how to pursue mediation and your right to appeal.

Complaints about a health service

When using services provided by the NHS you should know your rights.

Every person receiving treatment should have the final say over the decisions that are affecting their health.

If you are not happy with the health services that you have been provided, visit our health rights page for more information on who to contact.

SEND information hub feedback

If you could not find the information you were looking for on our SEND information hub and would like to leave feedback, email and a member of our improvement team will contact you back.