Property owned by Kent County Council

Land for rent

Email to find out if a property or piece of land we own is available for rent.

Tell us about a problem

If there is a problem with a piece of land we own, like a fallen tree or broken fence:

  • email
  • write to Estates Team, Room 1.37, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone ME14 1XQ with full details and a plan showing the location.

If we do not own the piece of land you will need to contact the landowner direct.

Check if we own a property or piece of land

To find out if we own a property or a piece of land you can:

We are unable to answer questions by telephone as we often need to do research before we can respond.

If we don't own the piece or land or property you can search Land Registry to find out who does.

Highway boundaries

For information about the boundary of the public highway, send a plan (a sketch is acceptable if nothing else is available) showing the land in question to Highway Definitions, Highways and Transportation, Ashford Depot, Javelin Way, Henwood Industrial Estate, Ashford, TN24 8AD or email

Restrictive covenants

If your property has a restrictive covenant stating that you must get permission from Kent County Council before carrying out any development (for example, an extension) email or write to Estates Enquiries, Room 1.37, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone, ME14 1XQ before you begin work.

Your property boundaries

Details of your property boundaries can be found in your title deeds. The deeds are usually kept by your bank, building society or solicitor.