Kent taxi and private hire survey
The Energy Saving Trust are running a survey on behalf of Kent County Council and district councils in Kent which aims to gauge opinions about electric vehicles (EVs) from the taxi and private hire trade. The results will help us understand the barriers they are facing to making this switch. This will help to inform licensing policies and charging infrastructure decisions to support a fair transition to EVs.
As a thank you for completing the survey, hackney and private hire drivers and taxi operators will have the opportunity leave their details to be entered into a prize draw.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to permanent residents in the United Kingdom aged 18 years and over, with a UK postal address, who are private hire drivers, hackney carriage drivers or private hire operators licensed at the date of the draw (23 February 2023) with at least one district in Kent.
- If a winner is randomly selected that does not meet this requirement they will not receive the prize and a further winner/s will be randomly drawn until one is identified that meets this criteria.
- Only entries made via the online survey produced by Energy Saving Trust are eligible for the prize draw. There is no cost to enter and no purchase is required. Entrants must leave their contact details at the end of the survey to be entered into the draw.
- One prize is available and has been funded by Kent County Council and district councils in Kent. The prize is a gift voucher, to the value of £500. The voucher will be for one supermarket, to be chosen by the winner from the following (these are the 5 supermarkets with the biggest market share):
- The gift voucher will be subject to the terms and conditions of the chosen supermarket. The prize must be accepted as offered. No alternative prizes will be available.
- The prize is non-returnable, transferable or refundable.
- The winner will be drawn at random from those that choose to be entered into the prize draw via the taxi and private hire driver survey.
- The winner will be contacted using the email address provided at the point of entry.
- Duplicate entries will be removed, each person can only enter the draw once.
- The competition will close on 17 February 2023 at 12pm.
- The draw will take place on Thursday 23 February 2023 and the winner will be notified by 3 March 2023. Entrants who do not hear by this date have not won the prize.
- Kent County Council will attempt to contact the winner up to 2 times using the contact details provided at the point of entry.
- If the winner does not respond to contact notifying them of their prize within 10 days of the second email or call, they will lose their right to the prize. Kent County Council reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
- The winner will receive the prize by mutually agreed delivery method within two months of the date that they respond to contact notifying them of their prize.
- The name of the prize winner will be published for transparency.
- The Energy Saving Trust, Kent County Council and district councils in Kent will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries or any claims as a result of being lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, or because of technical failures or otherwise, including such failure which is within their control.
- This competition is not open to persons connected with this promotion and employees and those related to employees of the Energy Saving Trust, Kent County Council, Ashford Borough Council, Canterbury City Council, Dartford Borough Council, Dover District Council, Folkestone and Hythe District Council, Gravesham Borough Council, Maidstone Borough Council, Sevenoaks District Council, Swale Borough Council, Thanet District Council, Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council and Tunbridge Wells Borough Council.
- Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
- Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will automatically render a prize draw entry void.
- To the extent permitted by law, the promoter and third parties connected to the promoter hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any entrant or winner in connection with any competition or any entry.