Better Homes, Active Lives
The Better Homes Active Lives housing project is to build and manage modern apartments for older and disabled people in Kent with money from central government.
We are working in partnership with Housing and Care 21 (who are providing the housing) and ten of the 12 district and borough councils in the county.
The partnership have delivered 340 apartments in total:
- 275 extra care apartments for older people
- 58 supported flats for people with a learning disability
- 7 for people with mental health problems.
What is available and where
Supported housing is available at:
- Alfred Deller Court, Birchington
- Bleriot Court, Dover
- Tiger Court, Canterbury
- John Goldfinch Court, Faversham
- Watercress Court, East Malling
- Adam Court, Wilmington
- Pine Court, Maidstone
- Dolphin Court, Hythe
- George Culmer Court, Margate
Extra care housing is available at:
- Joseph Hadlum Court, Ashford
- King Edward Court, Herne Bay
- Bradstow Court, Broadstairs
- Buckland Court, Dover
- Emily Court, Dartford
- Tovil Green Court, Maidstone
- Summer Court, Hythe
All the accommodation has been built to high standards which were developed with help from occupational therapists, district managers and teams.
The schemes in Dartford, East Malling, Maidstone, Ashford and Hythe were built by United House Limited. The schemes in Thanet, Canterbury, Swale, Herne Bay and Dover were built by Denne Construction.