Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Transport Stakeholder Impact Survey privacy notice
Kent County Council (KCC) has made a public commitment to independently review the service failures in the redesign of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school transport for children and young people.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use information we have gathered in connection with your completion of the survey.
By completing this survey, you agree that Kent County Council can use the information you have provided in accordance with this privacy notice.
The information you provide in the survey will be used solely as described. The personal data you have provided may be used to verify your identity when you access the survey, manage our relationship with you, including any requests you have raised or to help us improve our survey. We may also contact you for feedback on the service provided by the SEND Transport service.
- To independently review and assess the governance, consultation with parents, control, monitoring, oversight and decision-making arrangements in respect of the redesign of SEND Transport arrangements.
- To ascertain the factors and underlying causes of “what went wrong” and to identify how Council services can better meet the transport needs of pupils with SEND, their parents and carers.
The review will form part of the Council’s intention to identify the relevant factors that created the significant levels of distress and anxiety to SEND pupils, parents and carers so “lessons can be learnt” to ensure that a similar situation does not re-occur.
Impact upon families and children
- To understand and collate information relating to the impact of the implementation of the re-tendering exercise upon families and children and consultation with Kent PACT.
- To validate statistics of how many families and children were impacted and how quickly matters were resolved.
- To collate information as to how many children have missed school because of the management of travel arrangements since September 2021 and review if/how this information was reported within the council.
Personal Information about you that we may collect as part of completing this survey includes:
- Last name
- Home address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
Special Category data
- Your child’s education health and care (EHCP) plan.
- Additional transport related information provided by your child’s SEN caseworkers.
- Any other information you provided with your application, which is then assessed for eligibility by the Transport Eligibility Team.
Third party access
Information you have provided will not be accessed or shared with a third party.
We will keep information you have provided us with for a short period to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected as outlined in this policy.
In respect of your participation in this survey, we will keep the information provided until the reporting has been completed and then it will be deleted.