Supporting the armed forces community
Kent Community Covenant
The Kent Community Covenant is our commitment to supporting the former and serving armed forces community to access public services fairly and help them to play a significant part in the local community.
It aims to:
- complement the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which defines the general principles that should govern the relationship between the nation, the government and the armed forces community
- encourage all parties within the local community to offer support to the local armed forces community and make it easier for service personnel, their families and veterans to access the help and support available
- encourage members of the armed forces community to do as much as they can to support their local community and promote activity which integrates the service community into civilian life.
Kent & Medway Civilian Military Partnership Board
The Kent & Medway Civilian Military Partnership Board actively oversees and implements the Kent Community Covenant and the Medway Community Covenant. It has five sub-groups which focus on:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Employment, Economy and Skills
- Integration (covering children and young people, and stronger, safer communities)
- Recognise and Remember.
The Board meets twice every year to receive reports and progress updates from each of the sub-groups, having a strategic overview of all activity and steering further progress and implementation going forward.