Corporate Director of Finance and Procurement
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide expert advice on all finance and procurement issues to county councillors and senior officers. Create options and strategies to develop the corporate financial framework to enable the council to prioritise and utilise financial resources to the greatest effect and ensure activity and process comply with Government regulations and legislation.
- As S.151 Officer, provide direction, leadership and guidance to the finance function to ensure the improvement and implementation of finance standards across the council and partner organisations.
- Ensure the council has effective arrangements for internal financial controls and a coherent plan for the management of audit and risk function.
- Lead the development and implementation of the council's corporate procurement strategy for ensuring that procurement processes and procedures obtain value for money and that efficiency is driven across all council procurement activity.
View the job description (PDF, 270.2 KB) for the role of Corporate Director of Finance and Procurement role.
Andy joined Kent County Council in 1982, having previously been in the banking sector. He is in his second spell at Kent County Council, sandwiching these between 3 years at the London Borough of Bromley. Andy worked in numerous roles within the Social Services and Education finance teams before joining the Corporate Finance team as Chief Accountant in 2003. He is CIPFA qualified.
Andy's salary is £139,469.
Andy's expenses for the past financial year (April 2016 to December 2016) are £67.10.
Our expenses policy applies to all staff. You can view a breakdown of all expenses claimed by our directors for the current and previous financial year.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA).
- Andy's wife is employed part-time at St Peter and St Paul CE Primary School, Leybourne.
None to declare.