Policies, forms and guides for the Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
We have the following specific Kent documents to help you handle your Mental Capacity Act work.
- Mental Capacity Assessment for complex decisions (DOC, 335.0 KB)
- Mental Capacity Assessment for less complex decisions (DOCX, 173.5 KB)
- Best Interests meeting form (DOC, 480.5 KB)
- LIN guidance on restraint (PDF, 28.8 KB)
- House of Lords report - Mental Capacity Act 2005: post-legislative scrutiny
- Valuing every voice, respecting every right - Making the case for the Mental Capacity Act
- The Law Commission report March 2017
- Coroner's rules April 2017 (PDF, 77.1 KB)
The MCA Code of Practice and the MCA "making decisions" and independent advocacy booklets are all available from the Ministry of Justice.
On the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) website you can find: