National lockdown rules now apply in all areas of Kent and Medway
This means everyone must stay at home as much as possible and limit all contact with anyone outside of their household bubble.
The number of people testing positive for COVID-19 across Kent and Medway is rising and we urge everyone to follow the rules of national lockdown and help us contain the virus as much as possible across the county.
The government’s decisions on tiers are made by ministers based on recommendations by government scientists and medics, taking into account:
- infection rates in all age groups and in particular among the over 60s
- how quickly case rates are rising or falling
- the number of cases per 100,000 in the general population
- pressure on the NHS – including current and projected NHS capacity (admissions, bed occupancy and staff absences)
- local factors and exceptional circumstances such as a local but contained outbreak.
Please follow the rules for the national lockdown and help the whole of Kent move out of these very high restrictions as soon as possible.