Independent financial advice for older people

It's a good idea to know what all your options are when you're thinking about how to pay for care and support.

If you're going to pay for care and support by yourself instead of involving us, we would suggest that that you get some financial advice so that you can make good decisions about how you can pay for what you need both now and in the future.

You can get independent advice from a reputable financial advisor, and you can find one local to you through The Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA).

The Citizen's Advice Bureau and Age UK can also offer general guidance and advice, or may be able to point you towards other suitable independent financial advisors.

There are lots of different ways that you can find extra sources of money to pay for your care and support and a good financial advisor will work closely with you to see what the best option is for you.

To find out more about what independent financial advisors can do, what they can help you with and how much they may charge you, visit the Money Helper website.