What to do if your road is going to be improved
Letting you know
Advance warning signs will be placed on site approximately 2 - 4 weeks before the works commence.
If your property is directly affected by the works, you will receive a letter explaining:
- what type of work we will be carry out
- extent of the work
- when work will start and finish
- if a road closure is planned and if a diversion is necessary
- how you can access your property during the works. There may be some delays in accessing your property and we apologise in advance and will keep this to a minimum.
If the weather affects our maintenance programme and we have to reschedule the work we will always let you know.
How you can help
While the works are ongoing, there will be some disruption. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
Please help us by:
- making sure vehicles are not parked on the road or pavement
- taking care when driving, to avoid stone chipping accidents to other vehicles
- adhering to any temporary speed limits
- avoiding deliveries or other events requiring vehicle access
If you have special access needs or times, you can let us know using the contact details in the letter we deliver to your property, or by calling 03000 418181.