Using your Blue Badge

It's your responsibility to know how, when, and where to use your Blue Badge. Your Blue Badge is linked to you rather than a vehicle. This allows you to use it in any car in which you are either a driver or a passenger.

You must:

  • clearly display it in the car
  • make sure it's in date
  • be the only person using it.

It is an offence if you:

If a badge is lost, stolen, expired, or withdrawn for misuse, we can cancel it. You may be fined up to £1000 or lose your Blue Badge.

Get to know your badge rights and responsibilities (including easy read). If you do not drive, anyone who will be driving you as a passenger must know this information.

Parking restrictions and disabled parking bays

Contact your district council to:

  • apply for a disabled parking bay
  • learn about local parking restrictions
  • find disabled parking bays.

Or visit the government website for additional advice.

Dartford Bridge

In most cases, you have to apply in advance to get a concession.

Check Dartford Bridge restrictions.


If you are planning to travel into London, you must register your details with Transport for London in advance to get a concession.

Register your details with Transport for London.

Before travelling we recommend you check any parking restrictions.


Before using your badge abroad, make sure you check the local restrictions.

If visiting a country outside of the European Union, you will need to check with the relevant embassy on local arrangements before using your Blue Badge.

A non-UK Blue Badge

Before travelling around Kent, you must check parking restrictions for each district you chose to visit.

Get in touch with the district council's Parking Enforcement Team for more information.

Exemption from vehicle tax

Did you know you may be exempt from paying vehicle tax? If you are either:

  • a disabled driver or,
  • you have a certain type of vehicle.

Find out if you are exempt by visiting the government website.

Updating your details

Keeping your details up to date is important.

If you have moved to a new address within Kent, or you wish to change your contact details let us know.

Email to request a new Blue Badge application form, if you:

  • have moved out of Kent
  • have changed your name
  • want to replace your faded badge.

If you have moved out of Kent, we are still responsible for your badge until it expires. Once your badge expires, you'll need to apply for a new one with your new local authority.

You don't need to tell us if you have changed your car.

For Blue Badges that are no longer needed, find what to do with them.