Report a problem on a road or pavement
You can report non-urgent issues online including:
- street light faults
- traffic signal faults
- overgrown vegetation (including hedges and grass).
How to report a problem
Problems we don't manage
You need to contact:
- your district council for bus shelters, fly tipping, litter, parking or street cleaning.
- Highways England for motorways and major A road problems
- your community representative for junction improvements, new signs and lines, traffic calming or changes to speed limits.
To report any emergency issues outside of normal office hours (Monday - Friday, 9am till 5pm), please telephone 03000 41 91 91.
What we do after you report a problem
Once we assess your enquiry, we will take the appropriate action. We aim to fix:
- dangerous faults within 2 hours
- safety hazards within 7 days
- routine faults such as streetlights, potholes and soft landscape issues within 28 days, unless there is a more serious problem which could take longer
- traffic signals within 4 hours if they are urgent or within 7 days if less urgent
- drainage issues within 28 days after an investigation, where we will update you on our planned action
- all other faults will be scheduled in to our planned maintenance.