Renew a book
On 30 May 2019, all Kent libraries will not open until 11am due to an essential staff briefing. During this time, you will still be able to log in to your account to reserve, renew or request a book.
You can renew books, DVDs, CDs, and other items online, with our app, by phone or at a library.
You can renew items up to 4 times in a row, for 21 days at a time, as long as no one has reserved it.
Borrower ID: when you log in to your library account you will be asked for your borrower ID. This is the letter and numbers above or below your library card's barcode.
- Log in to your library account.
- Enter your borrower ID and PIN numbers.
- Select 'Current Loans'.
- Select the items you'd like to renew and select 'renew selection' or choose to 'renew all'.
Renew with our app
- Log in with your library card and PIN numbers.
- Go to 'My Account'.
- Go to 'Current Loans'.
- Select the 'renew' button next to the items you'd like to renew.
Renew by phone
- Have your library card and PIN to hand.
- Call 03000 41 31 31.
- Select option 1 (or 2 if you want to speak to someone).
- Select option 8 and follow the instructions.
Renew or return at a library
Renew your items at any of our libraries either at the counter or by using a self-service machine. You can also return your books at any library.
Sign up for free email reminders
If you sign up for email reminders we will email you 3 days before your items are due back.
To sign up for reminders:
- Log in to your library account
- Go to 'Personal Details'
- Tick 'receive library notices by email'.