Delivery for care homes, hospitals and day centres
We can deliver collections of items to residential homes, nursing homes, sheltered housing, hospices, day centres and hospitals. The scheme is called Open Access.
We will work with you to build up a profile of what you need and will deliver items 3 times a year. You get to keep each collection of items for 4 months.
We will then email you to let you know when we will be coming to change the items. You will need to store the boxes that the items arrive in.
What you can receive
- Large print books - includes a wide range of fiction including family sagas, thrillers, romances and westerns and non-fiction such as biographies and travel
- Standard print books - whole range of fiction and non-fiction including craft, cookery and gardening
- Audiobooks (CD and cassette)
- DVDs and videos
- Ethnic minority language books
- Reminiscence boxes and Pictures to Share books for people with dementia
- Quick reads
- Reminiscence boxes - 15 to 20 items selected from books, CDs, multisensory items and objects linked to a theme. Examples include 1950s, World War II and childhood.
Support we will offer
- Providing stimulating, attractive books
- Advice on how to display your books
- Help finding particular titles
- Poetry and prose sessions
- Training in how to make best use of reminiscence boxes
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03000 41 19 66. We will discuss any charges with you.