Trading Standards free life skills resources
This educational resource has been developed by KCC Trading Standards to help young people with learning disabilities in special schools or youth groups prepare for adult life. It encourages safe, independent living to reduce the risk of financial harm.
The resource consists of 12 modules, each including:
- teacher notes
- an easy read quiz and answer sheet for students
- teacher score sheet (PDF, 104.6 KB) and answers (PDF, 130.2 KB)
- quiz questions for use with Clicker 6 software (DOCX, 49.6 KB)
- a printable Certificate of Achievement (PDF, 164.4 KB) for the students.
These modules can support the delivery of ASDAN's Preparing for Adulthood programmes and entry qualifications.
Read more about each module:
- age restricted products (PDF, 151.6 KB)
- community safety (PDF, 382.3 KB)
- doorstep crime (PDF, 772.4 KB)
- food and hygiene (PDF, 243.1 KB)
- home fire safety (PDF, 182.9 KB)
- labels, signs and symbols (PDF, 582.6 KB)
- managing money (PDF, 430.5 KB)
- safer independent pedestrians (PDF, 785.4 KB)
- scams (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- shopper’s rights (PDF, 204.9 KB)
- social media and the internet (PDF, 240.5 KB)
- who can help? (PDF, 184.9 KB)