Start For Life funded breastfeeding grants
We are inviting businesses and organisations across Kent to apply for a small grant to help make them more welcoming to breastfeeding mums.
The law protects women from being asked to leave a public space while breastfeeding and many businesses in Kent have signed up to support breastfeeding.
Grants of up to £1,000 are available to businesses or not for profit organisations.
You could use the grant to:
- train staff to support mothers
- offer a family friendly area where mothers can feed her baby
- install ramps for easy access for pushchairs and buggies
- introduce hands-free technology
- promote breastfeeding resources and NHS websites, such as We Are Beside You and NHS Better Health Start for Life.
The grant cannot be used to fund:
- activity organised for party political, religious or charity fundraising purposes
- activity that promotes unhealthy behaviours or illegal activity (such as smoking, drinking or gambling)
- higher education courses or the costs of attending training courses
- projects where the activity is not open to the public (or schools)
- capital schemes, though we may fund equipment purchase as part of a wider project
- activity which has already taken place or is funded via other sources
- anything which conflicts with Kent County Council’s policies
- activities delivered by organisations that are not a legal entity.
To complete this application you will need to be able to upload:
- a set of accounts or an income, expenditure and profit sheet
- a balance sheet showing assets and liabilities
- your equality and diversity policy.
The deadline for applications is 30 November 2023.
For more information, download our grant prospectus (PDF, 211.8 KB). We welcome applications from across Kent.
Resources and support
For information about how to support your customers, including resources such as stickers and posters visit our breastfeeding friendly Kent page.