ENSURE Innovation Grant
ENSURE is a EU Interreg funded project focused on increasing the development of social innovation to create more efficient and effective local services to address key societal challenges.
The ENSURE Innovation Grant aims to address the challenges of social exclusion from services, support and structures that could otherwise meet the needs of vulnerable groups and individuals. This will be done through the development of a peer support model.
The funding should be used to assist those adults who are aged:
- 18+ with autism
- 55+ with experience of self neglect.
Our peer-support program will help people and professionals understand social exclusion and disadvantage from the experience of those who live with it.
Before applying, organisations must read the service specification (PDF, 365.9 KB) and be confident that they have the skills and experience to deliver the service as specified.
Organisations must be able to meet the aims of the grant, which should:
- empower the vulnerable adults to become full members of their economic and social communities
- be able to bring about system change to ensure that no one is left behind, changing the mindsets of those responsible for providing services
- provide evidence to support the wider roll-out of this successful and cost-effective approach
- increase the wellbeing and quality of life of the person receiving peer support and peer supporters
- break inter-generational transmission of problems
- bridge the gap between the person receiving peer support with unmet needs and professional or community organisations that can provide additional support.
Applications closed on 12 March 2021.
We will notify applicants by the end of March to confirm whether they have been successful or not. Those successful are expected to start the project by April.