Request sensory impairment support from STLS

If you feel that your child needs more support in their education, contact one of our Specialist Teachers below. Once we have your details, we will discuss their needs further and send you the referral form.

Email or contact one of our Specialist Teachers below.

Type of impairmentDistrictTeam memberContact details

Hearing impairment

  • Dartford
  • Gravesham
  • Maidstone
  • Sevenoaks
  • Tonbridge and Malling
  • Tunbridge Wells.
Susan Holder07811690561
Hearing impairment
  • Ashford
  • Canterbury
  • Dover
  • Folkestone and Hythe
  • Swale
  • Thanet.
Jo Clarke07811690106
Visual impairmentAll of KentJennie Russell07811690369
Multi-sensory impairmentAll of KentHannah Downs07811690533

What happens after you request support

Once we have received and assessed the referral, we will contact you back to provide advice on how to receive support through your education setting. Specialist teaching is available for children with moderate, severe or profound bilateral sensory impairments.

If your child attends a special school, they will receive a bespoke package of support in agreement with your school's sensory link professional.