Get involved in your council
As a young person living in Kent it is important that your voice is heard. There are many ways in which you can be involved in council led decisions.
- get involved in shaping the SEND information hub
- join the Kent Youth County Council
- learn more about the UK Youth Parliament
- nominate a young person for a Try Angle Award
- help improve our mental health and emotional wellbeing services
- take part in a local election
- have your say about general changes at the council
In partnership with young people we have developed the Youth Charter. The Youth Charter sets out 6 agreed principles of how young people want staff to engage and work with them:
- Respect you and be kind.
- Include you and accept you.
- Listen, understand and act upon what you say.
- Be honest and work to build your trust.
- Support you to grow and learn from your experience.
- Let you lead and make decisions.