Disabled Children Register

Do you have a special educational needs and disabled (SEND) child or young person aged 0 to 25 years old? Have you signed up to our Disabled Children Register yet?

Our Disabled Children Register helps us to plan and improve local support and services for children and young people with SEND and their families in Kent (not Medway). We use anonymous statistical information from the register to understand the type of services you need and in which areas.

We must keep a Disabled Children’s Register by law.

You do not have to register your child with us if you do not want to. You do not need to be on the register to get health or social care support. However, if you choose to register you may be able to get a discount card called a Max Card.

Register your child or young person

For the register, the definition of disability is taken from the Equalities Act 2010 and can include:

We may ask for evidence of your education, health and care (EHC) plan or disability related benefit documents.

We cannot provide proof of your child’s disability as this is an online service and we will not be assessing or diagnosing your child’s ability.

Register now

Call 03000 412412 or email cdr@kent.gov.uk for more information, or if you have questions about the Disabled Children's Register.

Removing details from the register

We automatically remove your child's details once they reach 25 years old. You can request to have your child’s details removed at any time. Simply email cdr@kent.gov.uk and we will remove all details within 30 days.

Max Card

The Max Card is a discount card for families of children with disabilities. It can help you save money on great days out at castles, zoos, bowling alleys and more.

These are available to any family of a disabled child or young person who is in receipt of disability benefit, or who has an EHC plan.

If you are eligible for the Max Card, a card will be sent to you after registering after 2 weeks. You will receive details as to where and how to use your card.

If you live in Medway, outside Kent or your child is not disabled, you cannot get a Max Card from us.