Ready, Steady, Go, Hello programme
In Kent, you may be transitioned using the ‘Ready, Steady, Go, Hello’ programme. The programme is there to help and support you and address any concerns you have.
If you have been diagnosed with a long-term condition, then Ready, Steady, Go, Hello will help you to:
- manage your condition
- learn about your treatment
- gain the confidence to ask questions and be involved in decisions about your care
- know when to get help and who to contact in an emergency
- stay informed about any support networks available.
They can answer any questions or concerns that you might have. For example you could ask them:
- what is the plan for my transition?
- when am I moving to adult services?
- can I choose which adult service I move to?
- what is different about the adult service?
- can I meet the adult staff before I leave children’s services?
- can I visit the adult service to look around?
- are there any young people I can talk to about moving to adult services?
- what do I need to know before I move to the adult service?
- when can I start getting more involved in my health care?
- how will my condition affect my future, such as my education and employment prospects?