Cost of KCC 16+ Travel Saver
The cost of the KCC 16+ Travel Saver is £420 for the year, £430 if you pay in instalments.
You can pay online in full or spread the cost in monthly instalments with the Direct Debit option and make 8 monthly payments between August 2021 and March 2022. The pass costs the same no matter when you apply for it, so the earlier you apply the more value you get, and the longer period you can spread the payments over.
Schools and colleges receive government funding to help some students with the cost. You will need to check directly with your school or college about how to get this support. The following guidance is to help them.
- A student from a household with an income of £20,818 or over will pay the full (£420) amount.
- A student from a household with an income between £16,191 and £20,817 per year should be considered for some further financial support provided by the school or college.
- A student from a household with an income of less than £16,191 (equivalent to the free school meals criteria) should, at the discretion of the school or college, pay no more than £200 for the pass.
Pay in instalments by Direct Debit
You can spread the cost over 8 months from August to March. Select the Direct Debit option when you apply online.
A £10 administration fee applies to the Direct Debit option and will be added to the first payment.
Unless we make a part year pass available, (which we'll do if government guidance changes), the cost of the pass remains the same whenever you apply. The earlier you apply the more monthly instalments you can spread the cost over. If you apply later in the year, then you can split the cost by the number of months left until March 2022.
- Apply by 8 August 2021: 1 x instalment of £62.50 followed by 7 x instalments of £52.50 (total cost £430)
- Apply by 31 October 2021: 1 x instalment of £94 followed by 4 x instalments of £84 (total cost £430)
If you no longer need your pass you can get a refund. You need to return your pass to the address shown on the back of your card by Tuesday 7 June 2022.
|Date returned by||Refund amount|
|Not collected or returned before the start of the year||£410|
|2 November 2021 - term 2||£340|
|4 January 2022 - term 3||£270|
|22 February 2022 - term 4||£200|
|19 April 2022 - term 5||£130|
|7 June 2022 - term 6||£60|
|After 7 June||£0|