Cost of KCC 16+ Travel Saver
The cost of the KCC 16+ Travel Saver is £400 for the year.
You can pay online in full or spread the cost in monthly instalments with our new Direct Debit option by making 8 monthly payments between August 2019 and March 2020. The pass costs the same no matter when you apply for it, so the earlier you apply the more value you get, and the longer period you can spread the payments over.
Schools and colleges receive government funding to help some students with the cost. You will need to check directly with your school or college about how to get this support. The following guidance is to help them.
- A student from a household with an income of £20,818 or over will pay the full (£400) amount.
- A student from a household with an income between £16,191 and £20,817 per year should be considered for some further financial support provided by the school or college.
- A student from a household with an income of less than £16,191 (equivalent to the Free School Meals criteria) should, at the discretion of the school or college, pay no more than £200 for the pass.
Pay in instalments by Direct Debit
You can spread the cost over 8 months from August to March.
A £10 administration fee applies to the Direct Debit option and will be added to the first payment.
How to apply for instalment payments
Select the Direct Debit option when you apply online. There will be a Direct Debit form at the end of the application to print and sign.
If applying by post, there is a Direct Debit form at the end of the application form.
The cost of the pass remains the same whenever you apply. The earlier you apply the more monthly instalments you can spread the cost over. If you apply later in the year then you can split the cost by the number of months left until March 2020.
- Apply by 14 July 2019: 1 x instalment of £60 followed by 7 x instalments of £50 (total cost £410)
- Apply by 3 November 2019: 1 x instalment of £90 followed by 4 x instalments of £80 (total cost £410)
Read our guide to instalments (PDF, 2.9 MB) for more information.
If you no longer need your pass you can get a refund. You need to return your pass to the address shown on the back of your card by Friday 24 May 2020.
|Date returned by||Refund amount|
|Not collected or returned before the start of the year||£390.00|
|28 October 2019 - term 2||£323.35|
|6 January 2020 - term 3||£256.68|
|24 February 2020 - term 4||£190.01|
|16 April 2020 - term 5||£123.34|
|1 June 2020 - term 6||£56.67|