You will need a full birth certificate when applying for your child's passport and possibly when opening your child's bank account. A full birth certificate shows all the information in the birth register.
You can apply online, by phone, by post or in person. We'll post your certificate/s within 10 working days. Certificates can't be emailed or collected in person.
You can order certificates online for births registered in Kent and Bexley and we will post them to you. Certificates can't be emailed or collected in person.
Apply by phone
Call Kent Libraries, Registration and Archives on 03000 41 93 00 and ask for the certificate centre.
The centre is open 9am to 4:45pm Monday to Friday (Thursday 10am to 4:45pm only).
Apply by post
Post a completed application form to:
Certificate Centre, The Mansion House, 39 Grove Hill Road, Tunbridge Wells Kent TN1 1EP.
Apply in person
The centre is currently closed for applications requested in person.
Standard (full) and short birth certificates
- issued on the day of registration: £11
- issued after the registration, order processed within 5 working days and sent 2nd class post: £11
How to pay
- cheque or postal order made payable to Kent County Council
- debit or credit card
- cash can be accepted in person
- express service for certificates issued on the day of application before 3pm and sent 1st class post: £35
If you don't know all the information you need to apply you can:
- use our online search tool to search for a birth certificate
- visit the Certificate Centre: Grove Hill Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1EP to search birth entries held there. You must make an appointment before visiting. Book an appointment by calling 03000 41 93 00. There is a fee to view the information in a certificate.