Kent Environment Strategy
A strategy for environment, health and economy
Kent faces unprecedented growth and change over the coming decades. The Kent Environment Strategy recognises and addresses the challenges and opportunities that this will bring.
Working together through the strategy and across sectors, the task is to continue to support economic growth whilst protecting and enhancing our natural and historic environment and creating and sustaining communities that are vibrant, healthy and resilient.
A shared vision and successful collaborations will result in actions that will ensure that Kent is a place of choice to live, work and visit.
The 2016 strategy has three themes:
- Building the foundations for delivery
- Making best use of existing resources, avoiding or minimising negative impacts
- Working towards a sustainable future
What we’ve achieved so far
Together partners, communities and businesses have been working to enhance and make the most of Kent’s environmental benefits.
See our latest reports:
- Impact report 2018 (PDF, 2.8 MB), which summaries some of the Kent Environment Strategy activities that have taken place in 2018 and the impact these actions are having.
- Implementation plan progress report 2018 (PDF, 425.7 KB), which describes the progress that has been made under each activity in the implementation plan.
- Publication perception survey 2018 (PDF, 860.0 KB) - how residents perceive, use and prioritise different aspects of the environment.
- Kent Environment Strategy indicators (PDF, 246.5 KB) - provides for full list of Kent Environment Strategy indicators and the latest status and trends.
- Implementation plan progress report 2017 (PDF, 233.6 KB)
- Impact report 2017 (PDF, 307.6 KB)
- Impact Report 2011 - 2016 (PDF, 323.0 KB)
- Public Perception survey 2016 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Public Perception Survey 2015 (PDF, 2.35MB)
- Climate Local Kent 2014 (PDF, 1.4 MB) – Kent partners progress report for 2014
Work on the Kent Environment Strategy is supported by PASSAGE which is identifying and developing opportunities to collaboratively develop low carbon policies in the Dover Strait area.
Read the strategies
- The Kent Environment Strategy (PDF, 1.5 MB) - a strategy for environment and economy in Kent.
- The Kent Environment Strategy (DOCX, 417.4 KB)- a Word version of the report for accessibility software purposes
- The Kent Environment Strategy: Implementation Plan 2017 (PDF, 379.5 KB) - read how partners are delivering the strategy
- Kent State of the Environment Report: evidence base supporting the strategy (PDF, 2.8 MB)