Director of Infrastructure
Roles and responsibilities
Rebecca is responsible for leading the council's infrastructure strategy for the provision of ICT and property services, and the management of the Business Service Centre to:
- effectively commission infrastructure services, ensuring service delivery is reliable, resilient and cost effective, meeting the needs of the council
- develop infrastructure strategies to drive value, innovation and better business outcomes across the council
- deliver infrastructure programmes on time, to budget, to a high quality
- work with partners to identify areas for collaboration.
View the job description (PDF, 276.6 KB).
Rebecca was appointed as the Director of Infrastructure in April 2015.
Rebecca initially joined the council in 2002 as a Graduate Management Trainee and spent two years working in and gaining an insight into the different parts of the council.
Following this, Rebecca worked as part of the Public Private Partnerships Unit and from 2008, headed up the Building Schools for the Future Programme and Academies Unit where she led and delivered over £400 million of capital programmes and established a schools ICT managed service contract.
From 2011, Rebecca was the Director of Property, before taking up her new role in 2015.
She holds a BSC Honours Degree from Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, London and a Postgraduate Diploma in Surveying from the University of Reading. She is a Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors with a specialism in project management and a Member of the Chartered Management Institute.
Salary and expenses
Rebecca's salary is £112,415.
Rebecca's expenses for the past financial year are £1,460.91.
Declaration of interests
- Member of Chartered Institute of Management
- Occasionally the alternate director for Kent LEP 1 Ltd
- Rebecca's sister is an employee of Kent County Council