Director Integrated Services (Early Help and Preventative Services Lead)
Roles and responsibilities
- Delivery of high quality services for the range of integrated Early Help and Preventative Services (EHPS) across Kent County Council.
- Ensuring a joined up, outcomes focussed approach across all EHPS services children’s centres, youth delivery hubs, youth offending services, troubled families, intensive casework with children young people and families below the threshold of statutory services, pupil referral units, attendance and inclusion, management information and business support.
- Working closely with Kent's Specialist Children’s Services to ensure a collaborative, clearly understood and integrated front door to services.
- Leading the development of the localism agenda and the creation of opportunities for Local Children’s Partnership Groups.
- Working with the voluntary sector and commissioning services to support the development of a viable and dynamic voluntary and third sector in Kent.
- Ensuring that through the involvement of children, young people and families we strive to improve life chances and build family resilience by using the strengths of families.
Stuart has an extensive background working with children, young people and families.
His experience includes leadership and management of early help services, youth offending teams, leaving care services and family services as well as leading complex multi-agency partnership programmes and large scale change programmes within children and young people's services.
Stuart has 25 years' experience working across 4 London Boroughs, most recently the London Borough of Waltham Forest, and joined Kent County Council in March 2015.
Stuart is a qualified social worker and is committed to provision that enables children and young people to enjoy their young years and achieve good education outcomes.
Stuart is committed to evidence-based practice and reducing the use of both statutory welfare intervention and statutory youth justice interventions, ensuring that safeguarding and risks to the public are managed, whilst placing the needs of children, young people and families at the centre of all strategy and service delivery.
Salary and expenses
View salaries and a breakdown of all expenses claimed by our directors for the current and previous financial year.
Our expenses policy applies to all staff.
Declaration of interests
None to declare.
Gifts and hospitality
None to declare.