Matt Dunkley CBE
Corporate Director Children, Young People and Education
Roles and responsibilities
- Deliver the directorate service for Education and Young People’s Services and advise the council on policies and developments to ensure high quality universal, targeted and specialist services for children and young people.
- Lead and direct the development, implementation and review of school and children and young people’s learning services, to ensure the council meets its legal and statutory obligations for young people and their achievements.
- Direct and review the development of integrated early help and preventative services to secure the best outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- Work in partnership with the Corporate Director of Social Care, Health and Wellbeing to help ensure the responsibilities of the statutory role of Director of Children’s Services are met.
View the job description (PDF, 394.3 KB) for the Corporate Director of Education and Young People's Services role.
Matt has 33 years experience in Education and Children’s Services having previously held a variety of senior positions.
Matt is a past President of Association of Directors of Children's Services (ADCS) and was the Director of Children's Services (DCS) in East Sussex for 8 years. He has lived in the United States of America and Australia. He subsequently worked in their education sectors and most recently was the Interim DCS with Norfolk County Council.
Salary and expenses
Matt's salary is £190,000.
Matt's expenses for the current financial year are £464.21.
Declaration of interests
- Association of Directors of Children’s Services (ADCS)
- ALACE (Association of Local Authority Chief Executives)
- Director of MPD Executive Consultants
- Self employment – Gatenby Sanderson accounted for more than 5% of annual earned income in 2017.
Gifts and hospitality
None to declare.