Kent Film Office - location database privacy notice
Who we are
Kent County Council (KCC) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws. Our Data Protection Officer is Benjamin Watts.
The Kent Film Office was established in 2006 as an economic development initiative by Kent County Council. It generates inward investment into the Kent economy from the film and broadcast industries while ensuring that any filming activity taking place in the county is lawful and considerate of Kent’s residents and businesses.
Kent Film Office’s mission is to maximise inward investment from filming activity for a minimum of disruption to residents and businesses.
Primarily, the Kent Film Office offers a first class Film Commissioning Service to the film and broadcast industries.
Personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of registering your property for promotion on the Kent Film Office Locations Database, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- contact details: name, address, phone, email
- property images
- information about the property
How we use and share your personal information
We use property images, details and postcode to promote your property for film, broadcast, gaming and photography work worldwide online via the Kent Locations Database. We also use your contact details to put you in touch with production companies and their representatives to negotiate filming at your property. We use main image and information about property and filming to promote some Film and TV programmes that took place at your property via Kent Moviemap.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for as long as you wish us to promote your property.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from this service at any time, we will:
- remove all data from our systems and any or all websites if your property has never hosted a production
- remove your property from our websites upon request and keep your details and any correspondence relating to the project you hosted for legal and audit purposes for ten years plus current since you hosted the last filming project
If you were successful in hosting a production, an image of property and information about any filming that took place at your property will continue to be included on the Kent Moviemap to map Kent’s Filming History as long as that service exists.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
The provision of contact details and property information is required from you to enable us to promote your property.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. If you do withdraw your consent no further personal information will be collected and the existing personal information shall only be retained in accordance with KCC’s data protection policy. If you do withdraw your consent we will no longer be able to promote your property for film, broadcast, gaming and photography work
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share:
- your property images, details and postcode with Creative England via their online locations database worldwide. This does NOT include your name, full address, phone numbers or emails, though it may include your property website if you have submitted this. This data sharing enables us to provide you with a wider promotional platform. You can learn more about how Creative England handles personal data by reading its privacy statement.
- your property images, details and postcode with production companies via Locations Brochures. This does not include your name, full address, phone numbers or emails, though it may include your property website if you have submitted this. This data sharing enables us to promote your property. Read an example of what information Locations Brochures publish.
- your contact details with production companies that request to be put in touch with you if they wish to use your property for a filming project. This data sharing enables us to put you in touch with prospective opportunities.
We may share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required to do so by applicable law.
Under the GDPR you have rights which you can exercise free of charge that allow you to:
- withdraw your consent at any time
- know what we are doing with your information and why we are doing it
- ask to see what information we hold about you
- ask us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold about you
- object to direct marketing
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's' Office
Depending on our reason for using your information you may also be entitled to:
- ask us to delete information we hold about you
- have your information transferred electronically to yourself or to another organisation
- object to decisions being made that significantly affect you
- object to how we are using your information
- stop us using your information in certain ways
We will always seek to comply with your request however we may be required to hold or use your information to comply with legal duties. Please note: your request may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you.
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.