What to do if your road is going to be resurfaced
Letting you know
We'll write to you 2 to 4 weeks before we start work on your road or pavement, explaining:
- what we will be doing
- how we will make the repairs
- when work will start and finish
- if we will have to close the road and set up diversions.
We'll let you know how you can access your property during the works. There may be some delays in accessing your property and we apologise in advance and will keep this to a minimum.
If the weather affects our resurfacing programme and we have to reschedule the work we will always let you know.
How you can help
While the resurfacing is happening, there will be some disruption. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
Please help us by:
- making sure vehicles are not parked on the road during the resurfacing.
- taking care when driving, to avoid stone chipping accidents to other vehicles. Please adhere to any temporary speed limits.
- taking note of the date and avoid arranging goods or food deliveries, and other events where vehicle access may be required.
If you have special access needs or times, you can let us know using the contact details in the letter we deliver to your property, or by calling 03000 418181.