Interim Corporate Director Adult Social Care and Health
Roles and responsibilities
Penny's main responsibilities are to:
- discharge the statutory obligations of the Director of Adult Social Services, working in partnership to enable full integration of health provision into the council’s services and to ensure the delivery of the government’s new agenda on health as it emerges.
- identify, lead and commission strategies to deliver the Council’s and Government’s vision for the provision of Social Care to Adults and Disabled Children to ensure that the needs of the local community are achieved.
- provide strategic support for safeguarding bodies; ensuring that adult’s safeguarding is a corporate and universal priority and act as the council’s lead Caldicott Guardian; ensuring that the principles are incorporated into the council’s policies, procedures and practice.
Penny is the former Head of Strategic Commissioning for Learning Disabilities and has worked at Kent County Council in Adult Social Services for 30 years.
Penny began her career in Derbyshire working in day services for people with a learning disability before completing her social work training in Nottingham in 1985.
In 1987 she moved to Kent to set up the Independent Living Scheme, which supported people going from long stay hospitals into supported living opportunities. In 1997 she moved into commissioning for people with a learning disability. In 2002 she became the District Manager in Shepway.
In 2008 Penny was appointed as Head of Strategic Commissioning for people with a learning disability and the lead on NHS Social Care Transfer, the Good Day Programme and the Residential Change Programme for Kent.
Penny's salary is £108,380.
Penny's expenses for the past financial year (April 2016 to March 2017) are £402.87.
Our expenses policy applies to all staff. You can view a breakdown of all expenses claimed by our directors for the current and previous financial year.
- Director salaries and expenses 2017/18 (XLSX, 38.2 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2017/18 (PDF, 50.7 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2016/17 (XLSX, 17.7 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2016/17 (PDF, 36.0 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2015/16 (XLS, 55.5 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2015/16 (PDF, 37.5 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2014/15 (XLS, 42.5 KB)
- Director salaries and expenses 2014/15 (PDF, 36.4 KB)
Trustee of Folkestone and Hythe District Mencap.
None to declare.