If your child is taken into care

If your child is taken into our care, there will be a named social worker. They will work with you and your child to make sure that your child is well cared for now and in the future. Your social worker is the first person you should talk to. They can help if you have any questions or worries about your child being in care.

All children who are taken into care will also be given an Independent Reviewing Officer. They must ensure our care plan meets the child's needs and that we do all we should as a corporate parent.

For advice and support contact:

We always do everything we can to keep children living with their families (or extended family and friends). If your child is about to go into care, we will call a Family Group Conference. This helps us to talk about possible alternatives with your family and friends.

Contact social services

Contact your named social worker if you have questions about your child's care or any worries.

If you do not know who that is, contact Children Social Services: