Kent Karrier is a dial-a-ride service. It will take you from your home to set locations, such as the nearest town centre or supermarket. Group bookings, airport runs and a shopping service are also available.
All services are operated with wheelchair accessible vehicles and our experienced drivers will give you all the help you need.
You must join the scheme to be able to use it. We have suspended our normal £5 a year membership fee until further notice.
You will be charged a small fare for each journey:
- Urban areas: £2
- Rural areas: £3.50
Dial a rides
- Maidstone: £1.80 for the first 2 miles, plus 90p per additional mile
- North West Kent: £2.80 for the first 2 miles plus 90p per additional mile
- Sevenoaks: £2.80 for the first 2 miles plus 90p per additional mile
Concessionary fare passes are not valid for travel on Kent Karrier services. Carers or companions can also travel. They don't need to be members but companions will need to pay the journey fare and carers can travel for free.
You are eligible to join if:
- you have a medical condition that makes travelling on public transport difficult OR you live in a rural area more than 500 metres from a bus route or railway station
- you are aged 85+.
The quickest and easiest way to apply is to use our Kent Karrier online application form.
Or you can apply by post:
- download the Kent Karrier application form (PDF, 224.5 KB)
- print and complete the application form
- post it back to us.
Our address is Kent Karrier Membership, Public Transport, Kent County Council, PO Box 441, Aylesford, ME6 9HJ.
If you have any membership questions please call 03000 41 35 67 to speak with a member of our Kent Karrier team.
Book a Kent Karrier
The information leaflets by district show you a timetable for your area, where you can travel and who to contact to book a journey.
From 6 April 2020, the South East Kent Karrier will have a new operator, Britannia Coaches.
To book a service please call 01304 808916. Bus schedules have not changed and the only difference passengers will notice is that Britannia Coaches are operating the service instead of TCTA Ltd. For more information please read our leaflet (PDF, 2.9 MB).
Information by district
- Ashford Kent Karrier (PDF, 383.7 KB)
- Maidstone Kent Karrier (PDF, 368.5 KB)
- North West Kent Karrier (PDF, 382.3 KB)
- Sevenoaks Kent Karrier (PDF, 295.1 KB)
- Swale Kent Karrier (PDF, 318.4 KB)
- Thanet Kent Karrier (PDF, 803.0 KB)
- Tonbridge & Malling Kent Karrier (PDF, 321.6 KB)
- Tunbridge Wells Kent Karrier (PDF, 315.5 KB)