Chillenden Windmill

About the windmill

Chillenden Windmill is one of only four post mills to survive in Kent, and the last one with an open trestle. It was built in 1868 to replace an earlier post mill, and extensively rebuilt following storm damage in October 2003. The windmill is painted white and had two pairs of millstones and a flour dresser.

We have owned and maintained the Grade II* listed windmill since 1958, and it is managed by the Friends of Chillenden Windmill.

Image of Chillenden Mill

Image of Chillenden Mill.

Visit the windmill

Address: Chillenden Windmill, Goodnestone, Canterbury CT3 1PP

Opening times: 2:30pm to 4:30pm every Sunday and bank holidays, from 2 May to 31 August.

Visit the Chillenden Windmill website for more information or details about special events.

Admissions: admission is free, whilst donations are welcome.


  • There are no toilet facilities on site.
  • There is off road parking.


For more information about the mill:

Call us: 01304 841970