How we can support you
Our highly trained community wardens can support you to live well at home and become part of your community. They challenge the disconnection, loneliness and isolation many people face and support you to reconnect, be active and have purpose – your own way.
If you are feeling isolated or lonely, then maybe a community warden can help you find positive wellbeing.
Would you like our support?
Our community wardens work in various local communities across Kent. If you are looking for support, or want to refer someone else for support, you can find the contact details for your local Warden Team Leader below:
|Adam McKinley||Ashford and Swale|
|Aaron Kluibenschadl||Canterbury and Thanet||07811 271302|
|Jacqueline Fuller||Dartford and Gravesham||07813 713036|
|David Harmes||Dover and Folkestone and Hythe||07969 584172|
|Sandra Edmonds||Maidstone and Tonbridge and Malling||07969 584183|
|Siobhan Mackay||Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells||07773 396677|
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or need assistance navigating the page, contact us for assistance on 03000 422 065 (10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday).
Championing positive wellbeing
Watch our video which features people in Kent who are championing our positive wellbeing message. Find out how the work that our community wardens carry out helps to re-engage and reconnect people with their local communities.
Positive wellbeing provides free, confidential, one-to-one positive wellbeing support for up to 12 weeks and can help you:
- improve your wellbeing
- tackle loneliness
- learn a new skill or participate in a new activity
- increase self-confidence and self esteem
- achieve a better quality of life
- get involved in your community
- take control of a range of situations with support.
The community warden will spend time talking through the issues that matter to you and help come up with solutions, often by linking you to services and people within your local community.
Appointments are made to suit you. They can be:
- face-to-face in your own home
- by telephone
- video call.
Other support you can access
- Adult social care and health for help if you or someone you care for needs support due to illness, disability, old age or low income
- Age UK provide a wide range of services to help people in later life.
- Citizens Advice Bureau are an independent organisation specialising in confidential information and advice to assist people with legal, debt, consumer, housing and other problems.
- Involve are a charity working to improve health, empower people and communities to live well and tackle the root causes of ill health including isolation, loneliness, disadvantage and frailty.
- IMAGO provide a range of services and projects that support independence, reduce social isolation and create opportunities for adults and adult carers in Dartford, Gravesham, Swanley and Swale.
- Red Zebra provide a range of services in East Kent that enable people to be involved and active in their communities and to remain independent in their own homes.
- Social Enterprise Kent deliver a positive social impact, strengthen communities, empower people and improve lives.